Development of a Flogentec biology automaton
Anthémis Technologies carries out electronic CAD subcontracting and collaborates with the company Flogentec for the development of a high performance biology automaton for research. The Flo400 is a laboratory automaton for research: safe, fast and easy to use, it allows the analysis of 3D samples by the methods of in situ hybridization, immunohistochemistry and in situ hybridization in fluorescence.
Thanks to our electronic CAD subcontracting services, we were able to develop this equipment. We can directly visualize the location and activation of genes in the cells concerned. The means employed for this localization is in situ hybridization (ISH) of RNA probes (transcriptome analysis).
Note that the Flo400W also allows an analysis of the proteome by immunohistochemistry, using antibodies instead of RNA probes.
The conneceted automaton
The development of this biological automaton in collaboration with Flogentec is a new laboratory equipment contains a wireless connection. This capability allows the user to be able to create, modify, save their protocols remotely from their own computer. In addition, the user does not need to be in the same room as the controller to be able to make these changes. This allows you to prepare and create your experiments in advance by saving them to the database while another experiment is in progress.
Visit the website
Fast and precise protocols
- FLO400W : an indispensable laboratory device for 3D in situ hybridization and immunohistochemistry.
- Reduced analysis time : only 22 hours are needed, compared to 4 days for traditional equipment.
- 4 different probes can be used simultaneously. In these probes, baskets can be placed in order to increase the number of embryos to be analyzed.
- Constant flow of reagent : 3D biological samples are permanently subjected to a flow of solvent which ensures good experimental conditions and perfect preservation of the samples.
- Recycling process : Antibodies and RNA probes are recycled and can be reused for other experiments.
- Easy to use laboratory software : A efficient and ergonomic software which is compatible with Apple / Android / Windows / PC / Tablet . This software allows you to program the analysis process and view the results.
- Usage Settings : The user can very easily re-use the settings and details of previous experiences through the use of a USB stick, or through the Ethernet port. It is also possible to share the files on a server.
- Laboratory equipment : very compact, practical and ergonomic automaton.
- Configuration and experimental results can be easily imported, exported to a portable, and stored on a PC.
- Safe and Robust : works with low voltage current (24DC)
|The Flo 400 incorporates 4 incubation chambers that can hold 10 to 20 standard samples each.
|Number of samples
|It all depends on the sample size, between 40 and 300 samples can be analyzed simultaneously
|Duration of the process
|A full scan can take up to 22 hours
|10 x 10 mm
|From 30 µm up to 15 mm in length.
|Reagents for vials
|14 reservoirs are available for a wide range of reagent product volumes, from 10 mL to 2 L.
|Number of individual probes
|From 1 to 4 different RNA probes (or antibody solutions) can be used simultaneously,
each of them having a specific hybridization temperature.
|220/240 V or 110/115 V – 450W
|Dimensions (L x W x H)
|60 x 50 x 53 cm, 23.6 x 19.7 x 20.9 inches
|USB, Ethernet, Wifi
|Microsoft Windows XP, Vista, 7, W10